AAM was founded in 1994, with manufacturing expertise rooted in more than 90 years of experience. Today, AAM is a leading, Tier-One global automotive supplier of driveline and drivetrain systems and related components for light trucks, SUVs, passenger cars, crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles.
Experience the AAM Advantage.
- Operational Excellence: AAM strives to provide exceptional value to our customers with an intense focus on quality, warranty, reliability, delivery, and launch support. This provides a foundation for AAM’s profitable global growth.
- Global Market Cost Competiveness: AAM has aligned its global manufacturing, engineering and sourcing footprint to increase exposure to global growth markets, support global product development initiatives and establish regional market cost competitiveness.
- Technology Leadership: AAM’s innovative product, processes and systems technology, positions AAM as a leader in providing industry-first, cutting edge driveline technology to the global market for passenger car, crossover vehicle and light truck applications.
Facts and Figures
- Products: driveline, drivetrain and related products which include axles, chassis modules, driveshafts, power transfer units, transfer cases, chassis and steering components, driveheads, crankshafts, transmission parts and metal-formed products.
- 2012 Sales: $2.93 Billion
- Employees: Approximately 11,700 associates globally
- Locations: More than 30 locations in 13 countries
- Customers: More than 100 customers